New African Canadians Fundamental Core Values
NAC facilitates access to resources individuals need to maintain and improve mental health, immigration and settlement needs, and build resilience towards community integration.
NAC works in collaboration with individuals and communities offering culturally appropriate mental health, immigration and settlement services based on a philosophy of respect for individual uniqueness and choices.
A mentally healthy, empowered and inclusive community that values diversity of experiences, human dignity and enhances the well-being of all.
- Support inclusive and timely access to immigration and related services.
- Provide mental health counselling and support to help smooth integration into Canadian society.
- Maximize collaborative with social service organizations to access available community resources
towards successful immigration and settlement.
- Support community-based research & evidence-based programs to improve service- coordination and identify areas of research interest based on changing needs.
- Community Connections and Citizen-Participation
- Mutual Respect
- Collaboration and Partnerships
- Individual and Family Wellness
- Integrity and Transparency
- Mentoring and Nurturing
All programming at NAC takes a social determinants of health approach with an awareness that health starts in homes, schools, workplaces, places of worship, neighbourhoods and communities.
The major aimto close the gap and achieve health equity and access by firstly integrating successfully into Canadian society with positive immigration experiences.
NAC Mission & VISON
Our Vision is to be an inclusive society with mentally healthy individuals empowered to grow, thrive and belong. The mission is to work in collaboration with individuals and families in delivering community-based mental health support, immigration and settlement services.
Social group to provide validated information to newcomers on immigration and access
Dialogue workshops and seminars with guest speakers on different topics WhatsApp group for info-sharing & networking
WhatsApp group expanded and volunteer Executive team appointed
Registered as a not-for-profit organization in Canada
Helping clients realize their business ideas & achieve great results
New African Canadians Collaborating Patners
With gratitude and respect, we acknowledge that we currently operate on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation, the Haudenosaunee and the Huron-Wendat. Today, this land is home to many diverse First Nations, Métis and Inuit people from across Turtle Island and we are grateful to have the opportunity to work and live in this territory as newcomers.
The Global Conference on